Ferguson from my TL- August 18 (2/3)
Ways you can help:
John F. Kennedy on civil rights
And you wonder why he was shot
But I am outraged. And if you aren’t outraged, then you aren’t paying attention. This is America in 2014. This is our reality. It’s so easy to get jaded and to ignore these atrocities, to act like this doesn’t affect us. It’s so easy to get apathetic. In the past it was the youth who protested. Where is the rage of the youth? Where is our rage?
Like I said, I am not Mike Brown. But I am outraged.
what if obama does the ice bucket challenge and nominates queen elizabeth
sometimes i think i’m sassy and then i realize i’m just too sarcastic and borderline mean
Things You Can Do For Ferguson:
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Find a National Moment of Silence in your area. If one doesn’t exist, start one. Share this experience with others. Solidarity is important.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
Unarmed black men killed by police SINCE Mike Brown
- Dante Parker
- Ezell Ford
Both of these incidents come out of California:
please please please dont forget these men’s names and brutal murders when talking about recent police brutality and racism
DO NOT PASS THIS POST
REBLOG, SHARE, SPREAD THE WORLD.
DO NOT STAY SILENT
I KNOW THIS IS A FASHION BLOG AND NOT A NEWS BLOG,… BUT I REFUSE TO SIT HERE AND BE IGNORANT WHEN I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO NEED HELP
LINKS FROM LAST PHOTO:
1958: No new mother likes to wake her sleeping baby. So when Life photographer Ed Clark asked Senator John F. Kennedy if he could get a shot with him and his four-month-old daughter, Caroline, who was sleeping upstairs while the three lunched at the family’s Georgetown home, it was no surprise that Jacqueline Kennedy said, “No.” Regardless, Jack bounded upstairs and Clark followed. In doing so, Clark, known for his gentlemanly manner, which won him the trust of Washington and Hollywood stars alike, captured one of the most memorably intimate images of the future president as a family man.
Text posts + Jack and Jackie
come off anon so I can tell all my myspace friends about how basic your supwerhwolock blog is, you empty jar of preservative